All submitted work will be considered for publication in our annual print journal (published in late spring) or the year-round digital version.
Please use: shift.submittable.com/submit
ANSWERS TO FAQS:
- We do not charge a reading fee.
- Our preferences: Prose under 4,000 words; reviews under 500 words; poetry under 75 lines. Oddities may be of any size or scope.
- Our average response time is 4-6 weeks.
- We do not consider previously published work unless we directly solicit it from you.
- Each contributor of the print journal will receive one complimentary copy of the issue.
- Published work will be nominated for Best of the Net, Pushcart, and other awards.
- Authors whose work particularly grabs us might be invited to participate in our Visiting Writers Forum, a reading and conversation author series: www.visitingwritersforum.com
- Please direct any journal-related questions to email@example.com
Shift is currently closed for submissions. Our reading period will re-open on January 1, 2019.
For information about the Creative Writing major and minor at Ringling College of Art and Design: